Re: [GENERAL] WARNING: could not remove database directory

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] WARNING: could not remove database directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Hubert Fröhlich <hubert.froehlich@bvv.bayern.de> writes:
> > dropdb ax20050206
> > WARNING:  could not remove database directory
> > "/export/home/postgres/data2/base/115101837"
> > DROP DATABASE
>
> That's not very helpful, is it?
>
> [ looks at code... ]  dbcommands.c is expecting that rmtree() will have
> printed out a more-detailed message about the problem, but someone has
> carefully removed every trace of error reporting from rmtree().

I think the issue is that we didn't want different object files for
client and server output message and and returning error codes and
having every calling location print strings was unmaintainable.

Seems we never got a solution to that.

Pennsylvania19073