Re: function returning a row

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: function returning a row
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 01:16:37PM +0100, Kjetil Haaland wrote:

> I have tested my function some more and found out that it is while i am trying
> to return it crashes. If i use a standard type like float it works, but with
> my own type alignres it doesn't. I have used this type as return value in
> other functions before, but not in set returning functions.

I was just looking at the code you posted here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2005-01/msg00371.php

About 20 lines above the call to SRF_RETURN_NEXT(), you allocate
memory and assign it to "result", but then you never do anything
with that variable before trying to return it.  It probably contains
garbage, which could be a problem if it's a variable-length type
since the first 4 bytes are supposed to contain the length of
the data.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/