Re: Understanding EXPLAIN ANALYZE output

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Understanding EXPLAIN ANALYZE output
Дата
Re: Understanding EXPLAIN ANALYZE output  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:36:22PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> > I started looking at this earlier.  Is it even possible to get
> > EXPLAIN output via SPI (and thus the PLs' interfaces to SPI)?
>
> Hmm ... my first reaction was "sure", but:
[snip]
> ERROR:  cannot open non-SELECT query as cursor

That's what I saw when I started playing with this.  I wasn't sure
if I was overlooking something or if SPI really didn't allow it.

> (And no, EXECUTE doesn't help.)  This seems like an oversight.  We
> already have some understanding in the backend that certain utility
> commands return query results; the SPI code should be letting those
> results be scanned as if they were ordinary SELECT results.

Any suggestions for the meantime?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/