"failed to set permission on the installed files"

От Ramon Orticio
Тема "failed to set permission on the installed files"
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
dear friends,

i tried to reinstall postgres8 in windowsXP because my
laptop crashed. i did the ff.

1. i created 4 partions in my asus L300Hlaptop with
30Gig drive.

   c - for windowsXP - (9 gig)
   d - for windows98 -  (9 gig)
   e - NTFS format for postgresql8 installation (5
gig)
   f - Linux redhat9 - (5 gig)

  i am successful in installing the winXP and win98
dual  boot. except for the redhat9 which i'll takeup
later to   get the needed support drivers. i boot
linux through   floppy disc to simplify operation
without much   booting problem.

2. i installed postgres8 using windowsXP and used the
drive e with NTFS format for the files installation.

3. in the process a dialog box popped up. "failed to
set permission on the installed files. pls. see the
logfile pgperm.log."

4. in the log file the last line 4 states

  processed file: E:\Share\timezone\US\Pacific
  processed file: E:\Share\timezone\US\Pacific-New
  processed file: E:\Share\timezone\US\Samoa
  Access is denied

  Where could possibly be the error?

  Thanks for your help.

ramon