Re: pgpool simple feature request

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: pgpool simple feature request
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hello,
>
> Command Prompt develops a lot of web based applications.
> One of the problems with the web is you can't really
> pre determine a lot of tasks because of the statelessness.
>
> It would be nice if you could tell pgpool to perform certain
> queries on initialization of a new connection. This would
> allow web based applications to take advantange of several
> nice features including:
>
> cursors for more than just the single session
> global variables
> preloaded indexes for performance in ram

Yes, I thought about that too. Probably we need two kinds of
initializations:

1) initilization for each new connection (as you requested)

2) initilization for each new client connection

I think pgpool could do both of them since it has already done series
of queries in closing client connections.
--
Tatsuo Ishii