Re: mysql load_file() function

От David Fetter
Тема Re: mysql load_file() function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:27:08AM +0200, Ben-Nes Yonatan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know if PostgreSQL got a function which work like
> load_file() of mySQL?

I am not quite sure what load_file() does, but check the COPY command
and the analgous \copy in psql.  As with many other PostgreSQL
commands, COPY has a man page in lower case:

man copy

> I need it for uploading of big files... i encounter a memory limit when
> i try to upload a query with the file data in it and i recieved this
> response for a question about it at php-general maillist:
> "load_file() is mysql internal function. the file is read by mysql
> server, so it completely bypass php and also client libraries. you need
> to have file priviledge."
> Or maybe there is another way to upload big queries without running off
> the memory limit?

> Another recommendation that i received is to just upload the files to
> the file system... but then ill lose the integrity of the database
> (though i can make safety checks to know that everything is as it should
> be) so i prefer to find a way to insert it to the DB.
>
> My server is as follows:
> 1. PHP 4.3.9
> 2. DB - Postgresql 7.4

Consider getting PostgreSQL 8.0.1 (or whatever the latest is when you
get this message ;)

> 3. Apache 1.3.26
>
> Thanks in advance,
>    Ben-Nes Yonatan

HTH :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!