Re: Is there a peer-to-peer server solution with PG?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Is there a peer-to-peer server solution with PG?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 06:25:50PM -0600, Mike Nolan wrote:
> I have need to set up a 2nd database server for a client in their
> new offices in another state this month.  We will be shutting down
> the old offices later this year but we really don't want to have 2-3
> days of downtime while we physically transfer equipment 800 miles.
>
> We should have decent data connections between the two offices
> starting next week, but I was wonding if there is a good
> peer-to-peer option for PostgreSQL at this time.
>
> As I understand Slony, it is master-slave only.

Slony-1 is perfectly capable of replicating to a slave database, then
letting you decide to promote it to master, which is just what you'd
need.  Why are you asking about multi-master?

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!