Re: Upgrade from 7.4 -> 8.0.1 - problem with dump/restore

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Upgrade from 7.4 -> 8.0.1 - problem with dump/restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 01:03:57PM -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:

> Trying to move from 7.4.1 to 8.0.1
>
> All goes well until I try to reload after installation.
>
> Dump was done with the 8.0.1 pg_dumpall program
>
> On restore, I get thousands of errors on the console, and of course the
> data doesn't end up back in the system.

Please show the commands you ran and examples of some of the errors --
without knowing more we have no way of figuring out what's wrong.

> The only two "non-standard" things about my 7.4.1 DBMS is that I do have
> significant amonuts of binary data stored in the dbms itself, and in
> addition I have "tsearch" loaded.

Are you using tsearch, or tsearch2?  README.tsearch says that as
of 7.4, tsearch is deprecated in favor of tsearch2.  Did you install
the 8.0.1 version of whatever module you're using?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/