setting port number? making 7.4.1 cygwin and 8.0.1 msi work

От Daniel Convissor
Тема setting port number? making 7.4.1 cygwin and 8.0.1 msi work
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hi:

I'm presently running 7.4.1 cygwin as a service on a Windows 2000 machine.
That was installed using the instructions in
c:/cygwin/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.4.1.README. I'd also like to
install PostgreSQL 8.0.1 on the same machine via the postgresql-8.0.msi
and hope some folks here can provide some insights.

To install multiple versions of MySQL, one must have each version
responding on different ports.  I'm assuming the same thing would need to
be done with postmaster.  Is this true?

If so, how do I initialize/install the service for 7.4.1/cygwin to be on a
different port?

Any other helpful pointers about setting up a dual postmaster system?

Thanks,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/