float4 regression test failed on linux parisc

От Jim Buttafuoco
Тема float4 regression test failed on linux parisc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I am getting a float4 regression test failure.  I have extracted the SQL from both the float4 and float8 tests below.

Both should return NAN

I looked at the code,  The float4div does the operation as float8's then checks the value.  The value is a valid
float8 NAN.  The call to CheckFloat4Val is missing a cast back to float4.  If I put the cast in I get the expected
results (NAN).

SELECT 'Infinity'::float4 / 'Infinity'::float4;
psql:test.sql:1: ERROR:  type "real" value out of range: overflow

SELECT 'Infinity'::float8 / 'Infinity'::float8;?column?
(1 row)