Re: how to release a transaction lock on a table?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: how to release a transaction lock on a table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 11:43:45AM -0800, Si Chen wrote:

> Thanks, Michael, for the input. Is there anyway in PostgreSQL to force
> some transactions to close (rollback if necessary)? I notice there is no
> way to release a LOCK manually.

I'm not aware of a way to terminate a transaction in another session
short of killing its backend process.  PostgreSQL 8.0 has a
pg_cancel_backend() function, but it cancels only a backend's current
query, not any outer transaction it might be part of.

Have you discovered what's holding the conflicting lock?  It would
be prudent to understand what's happening before killing one
transaction just so another can succeed.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/