Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: [BUGS] Bug in create operator and/or initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:16:26PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com> writes:
> > The cidr type, including it's external interface, is simply broken.
>
> That is a large claim that I don't think you have demonstrated.
> The only one of your examples that seems to me to contradict the
> documentation is this one:
>
>  steve=# select '224.0.0.0'::cidr;
>       cidr
>    224.0.0.0/4
>
> which should be /32 according to what the docs say:

OK. If this sort of thing is considered a bug, rather than part
of the external interface that shouldn't be changed, then I'd
agree that cidr isn't entirely broken and it may well be possible
to improve it without changing the interface.

/me goes grovelling through the IPv6 inet code...

Cheers, Steve