Re: Implementing Bitmap Indexes

От Pawel Niewiadomski
Тема Re: Implementing Bitmap Indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:46:44 +0000, Mike Rylander <mrylander@gmail.com> wrote :

> For on-disk bitmap indexes, yes.  I don't see any reason this couldn't
> be done with GiST, perhaps even as a generalization of the index stuff
> in the int_array contrib module.

I was thinking about playing with the core
source of PostgreSQL and creating patches, GiST as I read
has some limitations that I want to overcome. Speaking about
my idea - I was thinking about implementing on-disk indexes, not in
memory. I think having both of them would be great :-)

--
**Pawel Niewiadomski**, new()foo-baz.com, http://new.foo-baz.com/
Virtual Qmail (http://v-q.foo-baz.com), qmail-patches (http://q-p.foo-baz.com)