BUG #1446: MSI installion fails if the postgres database password contains an apostrophe

От John Anson
Тема BUG #1446: MSI installion fails if the postgres database password contains an apostrophe
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1446
Logged by:          John Anson
Email address:      postgres@jomich.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.0.5017
Operating system:   Windows XP SP2
contains an apostrophe
Details:

The Windows installer fails if the postgres database password contains an
apostrophe.

When I used the password "post'gres" or "post'gres'", the installation
failed with: PostgreSQL 8.0 -- Failed to run initdb: 1!
(I've included the text from initdb.log below).

When I used the password "''''", the installation failed with:
- PostgreSQL 8.0 -- Failed to connect to the database. Procedural languages
files are installed, but are not activated in any databases.
- PostgreSQL 8.0 -- missing "=" after "''''" in connection info string

D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\tmp\initdb.log:
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

fixing permissions on existing directory D:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data ... ok
creating directory D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data/global ... ok
creating directory D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data/pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory D:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data/pg_xlog/archive_status ... ok
creating directory D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data/pg_clog ... ok
creating directory D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data/pg_subtrans ... ok
creating directory D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data/base ... ok
creating directory D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data/base/1 ... ok
creating directory D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data/pg_tblspc ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 1000
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data/base/1
... ok
initializing pg_shadow ... ok
setting password ... FATAL:  syntax error at or near "gres" at character 43
child process was terminated by signal 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "D:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/data"