Re: plpython triggers TD["new"] = None

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: plpython triggers TD["new"] = None
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 04:01:32PM -0700, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 07:46:54PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 03:34:55PM -0700, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> >
> > > OLD and NEW don't make sense in statement-level triggers because
> > > the statement could affect many rows.  Use FOR EACH ROW if you need
> > > to access the row values.
> >
> > IMHO they do make sense.  It's just that they haven't been implemented.
>
> What do you have in mind?  What would OLD and NEW refer to in
> statements that affect multiple rows?  Are you thinking of a way
> to refer to all of the old and new rows?

Yes, exactly that.  They would be arrays of tuples (or whatever they are
called in Python -- I'm not thinking specifically in Python.)

"Escucha y olvidarás; ve y recordarás; haz y entenderás" (Confucio)

Сообщение: Re: plpython triggers TD["new"] = None
Сообщение: Re: plpython triggers TD["new"] = None