Re: Moving from Transact SQL to PL/pgSQL

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Moving from Transact SQL to PL/pgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 12:14:22PM -0500, Kevin Duffy wrote:

> Where would I find documentation on PL/pgSQL, with examples?

On the PostgreSQL web site, or perhaps on your own server if you've
installed the documentation.

http://www.postgresql.org/

Follow the "Documentation" link, then follow the "Online Manuals"
link for whatever version of PostgreSQL you're running.  The PL/pgSQL
documentation is under "Server Programming."

> How close to Oracle PL-SQL is Postgres?  Would a Oracle PL-SQL book cover the basics?

The PL/pgSQL documentation has a "Porting from Oracle PL/SQL"
section.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/