Re: How to create Geo Types from numeric?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: How to create Geo Types from numeric?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 06:43:01PM +0100, Klaus wrote:

> There is a nice polygon() functions which can estimate circles by
> polygons. Another one converts a point and radius to a circle
> (circle(point, r)). But with which function may i generate a point from
> two discrete coordinates? I imaginge something like that:
>
>  =polygon( circle( point( oldx, oldy ), radius )
>
> But where is the desired point() function?

\df point
                             List of functions
 Result data type |   Schema   | Name  |        Argument data types
------------------+------------+-------+------------------------------------
 point            | pg_catalog | point | double precision, double precision

SELECT point(10, 20);
  point
---------
 (10,20)
(1 row)

How are you trying to use point(), what are you expecting to happen,
and what actually does happen?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/