Re: SQL and function reference?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: SQL and function reference?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 10:07:35AM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> After a good 15 minutes of searching, I'm still looking for a way to use
> age() to get how many *days* ago something happened, expressed as an
> integer rather than an interval.

Subtracting two dates yields an integer (see the "Date/Time Operators"
table in the "Date/Time Functions and Operators" section of the
documentation).  If you have timestamps then you could cast them
to date and then subtract.  You could also use extract(epoch from
interval_value) to get the number of seconds in an interval, then
divide that by 86400 (24*60*60) to get days.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/