Re: Concurrent free-lock

От Min Xu (Hsu)
Тема Re: Concurrent free-lock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil and others,

It might be interesting to look at some of the papers by Michael
Scott et al. I am not an expert on non-blocking data structures,
but the following page seems interesting:

http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/scott/synchronization/

esp. "(7) nonblocking "dual" data structures, which combine lock freedom
with condition synchronization; and (8) contention management for software
transactional memory"

In any case, I think only when contention is high the non-blocking
algorithms are worth looking at. So can someone shine some light
on where the contention might be?

Cheers!

-Min