Re: inconsitent tab completion in psql

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: inconsitent tab completion in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 11:01:14AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> The reason this happens is because both ALTER OPERATOR and ALTER
> OPERATOR CLASS are supported so for the third word you would have to do
> tab complete only when the C-L-A-S-S is unique.  I suppose you could say
> as soon as they type 'C' it can't match an operator name but it hardly
> seems worth the complexity.

Maybe you could add, to the query that extract operator names to
complete, a UNION clause with the constant CLASS.  So tab completion for
ALTER OPERATOR would show both the operators and the CLASS constant.
But beware of

ALTER OPERATOR ~<tab>

you'd have to add a LIKE clause to the CLASS arm of the union to prevent
that, I think.

"Para tener más hay que desear menos"