Re: [pgsql-hackers] Re: Extending System Views: proposal for 8.1/8.2

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers] Re: Extending System Views: proposal for 8.1/8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim,

> Perhaps a good way to accomplish both goals is to have the set of
> human-readable views, and to add columns to the system tables/views that
> conform with the new, more logical naming convention. This way people
> accessing system information programmatically can use pg_catalog (and
> migrate to the new naming convention), while people who are doing ad-hoc
> queries can just hit the human-readable stuff.

If you think that anyone on this list is going to let us re-name columns in
the system *tables*, you're on more pain meds than I realized ...

And in what way is using fully qualified names programmatically a problem?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions