Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:08:47AM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Christopher Kings-Lynne (chriskl@familyhealth.com.au) wrote:
> > PostgreSQL has replication, but not partitioning (which is what you want).
>
> It doesn't have multi-server partitioning..  It's got partitioning
> within a single server (doesn't it?  I thought it did, I know it was
> discussed w/ the guy from Cox Communications and I thought he was using
> it :).

No, PostgreSQL doesn't support any kind of partitioning, unless you
write it yourself. I think there's some work being done in this area,
though.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering