Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering

От Darcy Buskermolen
Тема Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On January 20, 2005 06:51 am, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> >>Buy Oracle
> >
> > I think this is not my solution ... sorry I'm talking about finding a
> > PostgreSQL solution ...
>
> My point being is that there is no free solution.  There simply isn't.
> I don't know why you insist on keeping all your data in RAM, but the
> mysql cluster requires that ALL data MUST fit in RAM all the time.
>
> PostgreSQL has replication, but not partitioning (which is what you want).
>
> So, your only option is Oracle or another very expensive commercial
> database.

Another Option to consider would be pgmemcache.  that way you just build the
farm out of lots of large memory, diskless boxes for keeping the whole
database in memory in the whole cluster.  More information on it can be found
at: http://people.freebsd.org/~seanc/pgmemcache/

--
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.