Re: password authentication always failed

От Mike G.
Тема Re: password authentication always failed
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
When the method is trust it allows one to connect to the db with any user name supplied.  When you change the method to
md5the user name must exist in the database before connecting.

After you initially installed postgres did you connect to the db and issue a CREATE USER garfield command?