Re: ARC patent

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: ARC patent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> > So is it firm policy that changes that require a catversion update
> > cannot be made during the 8.1 cycle?
>
> Not yet --- I suggested it but didn't get any yeas or nays.  I don't
> feel this is solely core's decision anyway ... what do the assembled
> hackers think?

Don't know if I count, but I've noticed a number of things that people
are working on that require initdb's and I think they'd be nice to allow
in 8.1 unless the 8.1 cycle is *very* short.  I'd also like to get group
ownership & roles in soon, if possible (and if I find enough time to
finish and properly test it).

> One way to have our cake and eat it too would be for someone to
> resurrect pg_upgrade during this devel cycle.  Anyone feel like
> working on that?

Of course, this would be really nice too..
Stephen