Re: ECPG and CURSOR declaration

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: ECPG and CURSOR declaration
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 08:04:24AM -0800, Frost, Mr. Michael (contractor) wrote:

> Hi All.  The following code compiles and works fine on 7.3.  However,
> with 7.4 it doesn't make it through the compiler.  With 7.4 it seems to
> want the cursor declare to be in the same subroutine as the fetch.

The exact error message might tell us more than "seems to want."
I wrote a test program similar to yours and got the following error
when I ran ecpg:

curstest.pgc:23: ERROR: trying to access an undeclared cursor testcurs

I moved the function that declares the cursor to earlier in the
file so it came before the function that used the cursor.  The
program then compiled and ran fine using 8.0.0rc5.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/