Re: FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Is there something in the 'table file' itself that is holding that relid?
>
> Oh, drat, you're right --- TOAST pointer datums contain the OID of
> the toast file they are pointing to.  So any value wide enough to be
> pushed out-of-line is going to have a problem.
>
> Ugh.  Not sure there is any good way out of this one.  Adjusting the
> pointer datums in-place doesn't seem very feasible.

can I force the reuse of an OID?  for instance, if I were to get the
map'ngs for those toast files, and then 'drop' the old database (I've got
several backups of it already), can I insert those records into pg_class,
with the proper OID?  Then again, OIDs don't have to be unique across
databsaes, do they?  they are only serial ... so I should be able to just
add those records into the new database, no?

----

Сообщение: Re: FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 16396
Сообщение: Re: FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 16396