An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.

От Stephen McConnell
Тема An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I am developing using the new PostgreSQL 8.0.0 rc5 under Windoz XP
(sorry).

I am also using Eclipse with the MyEclipseWorkbench and ACCESSING A
DATABASE ON localhost.  In the code I make a valid connection and
immediately set up a prepared statement and execute a query.

The code is:

            pstmt = connection.prepareStatement(SQL_GET_SEQUENCE);
            pstmt.setString(1, this.name);
            rs = pstmt.executeQuery();

The query is:

    private static final String SQL_GET_SEQUENCE =
        "SELECT " +
           "seed " +
        "FROM " +
           "stocks.sequencer " +
        "WHERE " +
           "name = ?";

or
SELECT seed FROM stocks.sequencer WHEREname = 'test_sequence'

I am using the pg80b1.308jdbc3.jar jdbc driver.

The above query works through pgAdmin III and the MyEclipse Database
Explorer....  But when I run the above java code I receive the infamous

Exception: java.io.IOException: Stream closed
Stack Trace:
java.io.IOException: Stream closed
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.ensureOpen(StreamEncoder.java:38)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(StreamEncoder.java:151)
    at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:213)
    at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.flush(PGStream.java:485)
    at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.sendSync(QueryExecutorImpl.java:616)
    at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:165)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:363)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:308)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:223)
    at com.scawa.stockanalyzer.db.Sequencer.reseed(Sequencer.java:95)
    at com.scawa.stockanalyzer.db.Sequencer.next(Sequencer.java:73)
    at com.scawa.stockanalyzer.test.Tester.main(Tester.java:46)

Others have said this is a TCP/IP problem with a firewall, but it's
pretty apparent that since I'm accessing "localhost"
(jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/test_database)  that It's not a
"firewall" problem UNLESS there's a problem with the Windoz XP
firewall.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Stephen McConnell

=====

Сообщение: Re: Weird behavior in transaction handling (Possible bug ?)
Сообщение: Re: Weird behavior in transaction handling (Possible bug ?)