Re: assign the row count of a query to a variable

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: assign the row count of a query to a variable
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 03:43:04PM -0500, Kevin B. wrote:

> I'm trying to assign the row count of a query to a variable in a function
> but I'm not having any luck.

Please be more specific than "not having any luck."  What are you
expecting to happen and what actually does happen?

> Could someone tell me the syntax? I've been looking in the docs and
> googling for a long time but just can't find the answer.

See the "Basic Statements" and "Expressions" sections of the PL/pgSQL
documentation.  Either of the following should work:

var := count(*) FROM T;
SELECT INTO var count(*) FROM T;

--
Michael Fuhr