FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 16396

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 16396
Дата
Re: FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@coretech.co.nz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Did some searching, and figured/concluded that things are pretty much
hosed ... the last backup is from June (clients machine, not ours), but
before I suggest going back to that backup, I want to make sure that I
haven't overlooked anything ...

What the client did was a 'delete from pg_attribute where ... ' ...

The database is a 7.4.2 one ... my first thought was one of the older
standbys ... rebuild the schema and move the data files into place over
top of that ... but of course, 7.3 and beyond are OID based vs name based
files, so that doesn't work, unless there is some way of figuring out
which file in the old directory corresponds to while oid-file, and without
beign able to get into the database to read the system files, thats a wee
bit difficult ...

Next, figured to try and get in via STAND-ALONE, since I've previously
dump'd data that way, to reload it ... course, that doesn't work, since I
still need to be able to read the system tables, which is where this
problem stems from ...

I'm still searching the 'net to see if there is somethign that I've
overlooked ... but everything so far is drawing a deadend ... can someone
suggest a web page I should read, a tool I could use, or something, to get
the data out of this, that I'm not finding?  Or some way of 'fixing' relid
16396? :)

Thanks ...

----