BUG #1390: Lock Timeout

От Tristen Ennemuist
Тема BUG #1390: Lock Timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1390
Logged by:          Tristen Ennemuist
Email address:      tristen@mangolist.com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4
Operating system:   linux
Details:

This is more of an enhancement request, not a bug.

It would be nice if a lock timeout was implemented.

Currently postgresql causes a process to wait indefinitely until the record
becomes available.

I suppose there are many arguments for and against lock timeouts - but if it
were configurable, then developers could have the luxury of choice.

It would therefore be ideal if a LOCK_TIMEOUT (or similar) parameter (in
milliseconds) could be added to the conf file. A default zero value could
indicate the current indefinite behaviour.

Great product, keep up the good work. I'm currently migrating from MySQL and
this is the one and only explicit functionality compromise I've had to
make.

Can't wait for version 8!

Best regards
Tristen