Re: [Gforge-admins] Moving the server?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [Gforge-admins] Moving the server?
Дата
Re: [Gforge-admins] Moving the server?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: [Gforge-admins] Moving the server?  (Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com>)
Re: [Gforge-admins] Moving the server?  (Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Tom, Marc, Sean, Josh, etc:

Well, here's some questions then, regarding choice of OS and mirror config:

1) Tom, are we encountering issues in configuration and maintenance of gForge
on BSD which we would not encounter on Linux?  Are there any of these which
are unresolved and/or will require re-config when we upgrade to 4.0?

2) Can we get a mirror which runs BSD on AMD64?  Or two?

3) Are any of us Linux guys prepared to deal with security updates, which are
much more of an issue on Linux?

4) How likely is it that this machine will be a candidate to be used as a
mirror of other resources, given that hub.org and others would need go "go
64" first?

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________