Re: Nagios and SMS Paging ...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Nagios and SMS Paging ...
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

>> I'm getting SMS messages from Nagios periodically telling me that there are
>> problems with the servers that I'm logged into working on ... basically,
>> I'm getting paged for someone else's network problems *sigh*
>>
>> Josh suggested (since I didn't think about it) asking here if someone has
>> set this up ...
>
> We did :) however if the network problem is on our end then we will be paged
> as well.
> It sounds like you are getting paged for network problems in between, or
> possibly
> between us and one of the legs into your network.
>
> When was your last page? I want to verify against our reports.

Just before I email'd this out to the list ... the first 'legit' one I've
had so far was this afternoon, when there was a short outage ... before
that, I got paged at 5am telling me the network was down, was up, was
down, was up, until about 6:30am ... and all the while, I'd come to check
the servers and they were fine ... I have enough problems getting a good
nights sleep as it is, let alone getting false alarms :(

Please remove me from the page list ... personal pages are appreciated,
since it means that a problem has been verified to be at our end first ...
but auto-pages are definitely not appreciated, considering the # of
'failure points' that can exist between remote servers ...

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: