BUG #1379: pg_dumpall problem

От John Gallai
Тема BUG #1379: pg_dumpall problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1379
Logged by:          John Gallai
Email address:      gallaij@mediagnost.hu
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.2
Operating system:   SuSE Linux 8.2
Details:

Dear Developer Team!

I think the pg_dumpall and pg_dump have a bug. We have a database named
"mis". We create a full dump with pg_dunpall utility in every two hour. But
when we try to restore the backup it dosn't succeed.

1. I create the templates (under the privileges of postgres user):

initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data --locale=hu_HU

when it's ok then

2. start postgreSQL server with this arguments:

postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -B 3072 -i -S
OK. it starts.

3. psql template1 < dumpfilename.

It starts to restore the data and it always say that invalid command \N or
\. But this file was made by THIS software and it can not understand its own
backup file?
When it finishes the work there's a lot of tables without any content of
data. But before the dump they had!

4. I try the last command again (psql template1 < dumpfilename). It says a
lot times that "this relation already exists" and some times it says that
"cannot create index because the table has multiple rows"....... After
finish ALL seems OK but a lot of table has really multiple rows.......

Please help me because because of a crack we would have a lot of problems.

Thanks,

John