Re: BUG #1373: constraints, rules

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: BUG #1373: constraints, rules
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:38:57AM +0000, Bazsi wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 7.2.2

That version of PostgreSQL is pretty old.  Trying a recent version
before reporting a bug is a good idea, as the bug might already
have been fixed.

> I have the following four table:

The SQL statements you posted fail to load in 7.4.6 and 8.0.0rc4
due to syntax errors.  Are you sure they're the *exact* statements
you're using?

> I insert a record into the "folder" table:
> INSERT INTO folder(name,parent) VALUES('teszt',1);
>
> If i want to delete this record from the folder table, then the server
> terminate abnormally (sigterm).

Simply wanting to delete the record causes the server to terminate?
Wow, I wasn't aware that PostgreSQL was psychic :-)

I assume you mean that deleting the record causes the server to
terminate.  Are you sure the signal was SIGTERM?  How did you
determine that?  What showed up in the server's logs?

Since your SQL statements wouldn't load I had to guess at what you
meant to do, which now makes further analysis dubious.  After fixing
the syntax errors and running the statements, I executed the following:

DELETE FROM folder WHERE name = 'teszt';

This statement ran without error in 8.0.0rc4 and 7.4.6.  However,
since I modified your SQL to make it load, we can't be sure that I
duplicated your test case.  Please make sure the SQL statements you
post are correct and complete.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Сообщение: Re: BUG #1373: constraints, rules
Сообщение: Re: BUG #1373: constraints, rules