Re: [Testperf-general] pg_autovacuum w/ dbt2

От Mark Wong
Тема Re: [Testperf-general] pg_autovacuum w/ dbt2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 10:13:52AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Mark,
>
> > All default parameters.  Matthew also recommended using the
> > vacuum_delay setting so I was about to try that.
>
> Interesting ... the default parameters are quite conservative, running only
> when the table has doubled in new rows.   So if those spikes are vacuums,
> then the DBT2 test is updating or adding 100% of the rows in the orders table
> every 6-8 minutes?    Does that seem right?

Some hand-wavey math here:

We start with 18,000,000 rows in the orders table.

Based one 3281 transactions per minute for just the new-order transaction:288 transactions per minute for delivery

New-order inserts 3281 rows per minute (not counting the 1% of rollbacks.)
Delivery updates 288 rows per minute in orders.

So no, we're not change that many rows per minute...

Mark

Сообщение: Re: Compiere ERP and SQL quirks
Сообщение: Re: Compiere ERP and SQL quirks