Re: Creating a clean database

От Ennio-Sr
Тема Re: Creating a clean database
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
* Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> [040105, 10:19]:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 07:15:56AM -0500, Keith Worthington wrote:
> >
> > [...]
>
> > My desire is to simply create a clean database.
>
> What do you mean by a "clean" database?  How would a "clean" restored
> database differ from the original database that you dumped, and why
> would you want those differences?  What problem are you trying to
> solve?

Sorry to be intrusive :-)
May be he simply would like to have a brand new db, where record 1 has
OID no. 1, rec. 2 OID no. 2 and so on, which I fear is not possible if
he also wants to recover whatever data has already been registered in
the db ...

Regards,
    Ennio.

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)

Сообщение: Re: Creating a clean database
Сообщение: Re: Creating a clean database