Need theory/comprehension help on Multi-Column indexes

От Josh Berkus
Тема Need theory/comprehension help on Multi-Column indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Folks,

I've been poking around the indexing code, and I really don't understand the
page structure and splittng/branching for multi-column BTree indexes.    I've
looked in a couple DB textbooks to get a theoretically underpinning of the
structure of multi-column indexes, but none of the ones I've seen cover them.
Can someone help me out?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus