Re: Bad Index Choices with user defined data type

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Bad Index Choices with user defined data type
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 01:44:27PM -0800, Adam Palmblad wrote:

> I've got a table using a data type that I have created as the type for
> its primary key.  I (hope) I have the type set up properly - it seems
> okay, and does not have any problem creating a b-tree index for the
> type.  The problem I am having is that the index seems to never be
> chosen for use.  I can force the use of the index by setting
> enable_seqscan to off.  The table has about 1.2 million rows.  I have
> also analyzed the table - and immediately afterwards there is no affect
> on the index's behaviour.

Please post the query and the EXPLAIN ANALYZE output for both cases:
one query with enable_seqscan on and one with it off.  It might
also be useful to see the column's statistics from pg_stats, and
perhaps the SQL statements that create the table, the type, the
type's operators, etc.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/