Re: Debian Packages for Postgresql 8.0.0 RC1

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Debian Packages for Postgresql 8.0.0 RC1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Freitag, 17. Dezember 2004 05:06 schrieb Greg Stark:
> However I do not see any Postgres 8.0 packages. It would have been nice
> since it would have increased the population testing the beta or RC
> releases quite a lot. However it takes time to prepare Debian packages for
> a new release especially for complex packages like Postgres. The Debian
> maintainer for Postgres has been really good about getting the packages
> right too. I'm sure it won't be long after the 8.0 release that the
> packages are available.

Although it might seem like a tale from the past by now, the Debian project is
still occasionally concerned with getting a release out.  Therefore, the
Debian package maintainers are currently busy with stabilizing the 7.4.6
packages for the upcoming release.

Additionally, the packaging will be completely redone for the 8.0 packages, so
it may take some time still before you see something usable.

--
Peter Eisentraut