BUG #1349: Gap in documentation - pg_dump

От PostgreSQL Bugs List
Тема BUG #1349: Gap in documentation - pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1349
Logged by:          PiotrL

Email address:      vpiotr@poczta.onet.pl

PostgreSQL version: 7.4.6

Operating system:   Windows

Details:

I'm sorry, but I didn't found a better place to report that:

There is no information how to specify user's password in pg_dump
documentation. I have spent half of day searching for that (pg_hba.conf was
not working for me) and the answer is very simple:

You can use SET variables for that:

PGUSER=web-user
PGPASSWORD=secret

Please include that in pg_dump documentation.

Regards,
Piotr