Re: increasing max_connections on freebsd

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: increasing max_connections on freebsd
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 10:01:47AM -0500, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2004, at 5:46 AM, Hengki Suhartoyo wrote:
> >
> >I want to increase my max_connections up to 128
> >connections, but I got that I need to recompile my
> >kernel. I'm newbie in postgresql and freebsd. How to
> >increase max_connections and recompile freebsd kernel.
>
> You might want to check some of these sites:
>
> http://www.silverwraith.com/papers/freebsd-kernel.php
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
> kernelconfig.html
>
> Anyone have a clue why he would need to recompile his kernel for this,
> though?

The error probably says something about not having enough shared
memory or semaphores.  On FreeBSD some IPC settings can be configured
via sysctl but others might need to be built into the kernel.  For
example, on FreeBSD 4, trying to set kern.ipc.semmni or kern.ipc.semmns
with sysctl fails, saying that the OID is read-only.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/