Re: postgresql and javascript

От Clodoaldo Pinto
Тема Re: postgresql and javascript
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Javascript is not only client side. IIS has two script languages installed as
default: VBScript and JScript(MS version of Javascript).

Indeed at my work I have already written hundreds of javascript server pages.
We use MS SQL Server.

I understand Robert Stewart's question, and the only advice I have is look at
the ADO reference site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ado270/htm/mdmscmicrosoftadoprogrammersreference.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ado270/htm/mdrefodbcprovspec.asp

If Postgresql can expose an ODBC interface then it will work.

Regards,
Clodoaldo Pinto

 --- Najib Abi Fadel <nabifadel@usj.edu.lb> escreveu:
> Hi
>
> i don't see any practical use of javascript with Postgresql, since a java
> script is on the client side.
>
> Unless you want each client machine to have its own database !!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> Najib.

Yahoo! Mail - Agora com 250MB de espaço gratuito. Abra
uma conta agora! http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/