New News Entry

От www@www.postgresql.com (World Wide Web Owner)
Тема New News Entry
Дата
Список pgsql-www
A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://scripts.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?253

Submitted by: andrew@dunslane.net
Headline: PostgreSQL 8.0 RC1 released on December 4th.
The PostgreSQL Global Development Group is pleased to announce that the source code was locked down and our first
ReleaseCandidate was made available on the 4th of December.

Please help make this release a success by downloading and testing it on as many platforms as possible.

Story:

After 3 months of BETA testing, The PostgreSQL Global Development Group is pleased to announce that the source code was
lockeddown and our first Release Candidate was made available on the 4th of December.

Our goal is to formally release 8.0.0 around the 15th of December, and to ensure that we are as bug free as possible,
onas many platforms as possible, we are asking everyone that can to test and report both successes, and failures, on
thevarious operating systems and platforms.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 5 was released, please see:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta5-to-RC1

That said, Release Candidate 1 is currently available for download on all mirrors:

http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands ... in order to release as stable and
reliableof a server as is possible, we need as many people out there to put it through her paces as possible, on as
manyplatforms as possible. We urge anyone, and everyone, to download a copy and run her through her regression tests,
andreport any/all problems, and bugs, to

pgsql-bugs ( at ) postgresql ( dot ) org

Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...