Re: triggers, transactions and locks

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: triggers, transactions and locks
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 03:41:07PM -0000, Colin Gillespie wrote:

> Is there a way to use locks within a trigger? My example below gives the error:
> ERROR:  unexpected error -8 in EXECUTE of query "BEGIN"
> CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "insert_into_t1" line 6 at execute statement

As Stephan Szabo already mentioned in response to your post in
pgsql-general, the problem isn't with the lock but rather with your
attempt to start and end a transaction within a function.

Can you tell us what you're trying to do?  Why do you want to lock
the table but not hold the lock until the outer transaction ends?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/