Re: launching new site

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: launching new site
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Monday 06 December 2004 15:10, Alexey Borzov wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
> >>That's a nice way to convince people: "either you take our design as is
> >> or you don't get any content updates".
> >
> > Not at all.  We have already recieved some content updates from Omar, and
> > we have all of Omar's current code from his SVN repository. If someone
> > wants to take his content changes and fit them in to the current design,
> > we can do that.
>
> Yes, and given the history of web team's enthusiasm for such tasks I'd
> guess that no one will ever do that.
>
> So we have a de-facto design which was not "accepted" by the vote.

Well, we can have an official vote if you'd like.  IMHO not everything needs
an official vote. In most cases discussion will lead to a consensus.

> > I don't, since I know there are issues with the current design
> > regarding sub-navigation that I don't want to deal with (and apparently
> > no one else does either) given that those issues go away with Omar's
> > design.
>
> OK, where are these issues documented? We have an issue tracker @ gborg:
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgweb/task/tasklist.php
> and we have a todo page on dev. version of site:
> http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/todo

see this lists's archives.  The main things centered around having left nav
and dropping right nav in sub pages.

> >>Another question is: should I move to Australia before I'll be able to
> >>continue participating in new website development?
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand the above, but FWIW I've always wanted to move
> > to Australia if people are putting relocation packages together ;-)
>
> I meant that some effort was put into making the website development more
> open to the public. But right now we are having a closed development
> process again, only that was closed by a different group of people. Where
> is the discussion going? What is the current todo list?

I'm not following you.  Discussion takes place here on the list.  Granted
there may be the occasional conversation between two people on private email
or irc, but nothing is committed before it is brought up here. (At least I
don't commit anything without bringing it up here)  The todo list is still
valid, just a little behind the times, I hope to update that tonight, but it
won't be earth shattering, just adding things like "Content for section XYZ
is missing" and it's ilk.

--
Robert Treat