Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running

От Frank van Vugt
Тема Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> > Meanwhile, one of the application developers here bumped into a way to
> > reproduce what looks like the same memory alloc problem (exactly the same
> > point in exactly the same trigger) using our application software
> > only,
>
> Oh good.  Can you construct a self-contained test case then?

Will try to do just that when the rest won't work.

> > All were located at sinval.c:888
>
> This is the expected case.  The failure in CopySnapshot has got to
> indicate that somebody set one or the other field to some bizarrely
> large value, though.  I take it you didn't run the watchpointed backend
> far enough to get the memory-alloc error?

Oh, but I did.....

All the breaks are at sinval.c:888 and at some point the memory-alloc simply
occurs. Do you mean you want a backtrace of the last break at line 888 just
before the error ?

--
Best,

Frank.

Сообщение: Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running