Re: 7.4.6 build failures on Solaris 9 with Sun cc

От Philip Yarra
Тема Re: 7.4.6 build failures on Solaris 9 with Sun cc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 01:43 pm, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> gcc 3.4.2 on Solaris 9 doesn't complain about this.

Yes, I found Tom's response to the issue from March here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-ports/2004-03/msg00009.php

and this on the Sun CC forum, confirming that the compiler is borked:
http://forum.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=20947&tstart=0

It'd be handy if they said what ID the bug had been assigned so I knew what
patch to download to fix it. I'll post the info once I can find it so there's
a simple "Apply patch #xxxx" answer in future.

I ended up building with gcc 3.4.0, no problem. Thanks for following up.

Regards, Philip.