Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running

От Frank van Vugt
Тема Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running
Дата
Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> > I could reproduce this case tomorrow and inspect some variables or call
> > abort() if you think that could be of any help?
>
> Do you have hardware watchpoints on that machine?

Mmm, don't know for sure, will have a look tomorrow.

> What I'd be inclined
> to try is tracing through the transaction to see where
> SerializableSnapshotData.xcnt or LatestSnapshotData.xcnt gets clobbered
> from.  It'd be mighty tedious if you have to fall back on a software
> watchpoint though.

A hint on the expression(s) to use would be appreciated !

> Also, I gather from the xact.c traceback that the transaction looks like
>
>     begin;
>     savepoint a;
>     commit; -- without releasing the savepoint
>
> Does anything happen before the SAVEPOINT?

Actually, the SQL involved is v7.4.6, so there are no savepoints to begin with
(or arguably, there's nothing 'before' a savepoint ;))

> Now that you see which plpgsql function is failing, do you have a better
> shot at making a self-contained example?

Not really, but if tracing the transaction won't reveal anything else I guess
I will have no choice..... ;-(

--
Best,

Frank.

Сообщение: Re: "invalid memory alloc request size " in deferred trigger causes transaction to fail, but the backend keeps running