Re: Foreign keys referencing parent table fails on insert

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Foreign keys referencing parent table fails on insert
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, postgresbugs wrote:

>  On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Stephan Szabo wrote:
>
>  On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, postgresbugs wrote:
>
>  > Foreign keys referencing parent table fails on insert if the key is in
> > the table that inherits the parent table.
>

>  Unfortunately, primary keys, unique constraints and foreign keys do not
> inherit to children in a meaningful fashion. It's one of the big
> deficiencies right now.
>

> Too bad. Table inheritance is pretty meaningless without these
> abilities. Anyone working on them? In the meantime, I will go back to
> views and updating the underlying tables.

There's noone actively working on it at the moment that I know of (and if
there is, hopefully they'll see this and correct me) although I believe
there was some noise in the last dev cycle of people thinking about the
unique (and pkey) side of it.